Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Training Log, November 9-15

Week 2 of preparation. The girlfriend is in town and I'll be flying to Chicago for the weekend, but I should still be able to get some quality prep work in leading up to the start of formal training next week.

Monday
Rest day. Went out to dinner for the girlfriend's birthday. Stretched for a few minutes before work.

Morning HR: 55 bpm
Afternoon HR: 54 bpm
Soreness: 8
Stress: 10
Fatigue: 10
Mood: 10
Hydration: 7
Sleep: 9 hours 10 minutes

Breakfast: Banana, 150g 2% Greek yogurt, 10g honey
Snack: 10g almonds, 10g pecans, 2 mandarin oranges
Lunch: 1/2 bag soylent, vitamin D pill
Snack: Raw spinach
Dinner: Dinner at Alden & Harlow - small plates, too much to record. Let's call it a somewhat healthy cheat meal.
Dessert: Vegan cupcake


Tuesday
I finally have my new phone! It's a Galaxy S5 which should be useful for this blog as it has Ant+, an activity tracker, and a heart rate monitor. I've been taking my morning HR sitting down at work, but for fun I used it sitting at my desk shortly after waking up... and it was 44 bpm. The variation is making me realize how valuable the 24/7 hr monitor will be. Got in an awesome 2.5 hour bike in with 30 minutes of lower body lifting and stretching - my body is going to feel that tomorrow. Couldn't find my heart rate monitor before the ride, though.



Morning HR: 48 bpm

Afternoon HR: 55 bpm
Soreness: 8
Stress: 9
Mood: 8
Fatigue: 10
Hydration: 5
Sleep: 8 hours 10 minutes

Ride: 2.5 hours, 135 NP, 1195 kJ

Breakfast: Mandarin orange, 142g 2% Greek yogurt, 10g honey, 10g pecans, 10g almonds, vitamin D pill
Lunch: 1/4 bag soylent
Snack: 1/4 bag soylent, mandarin orange
Dinner: Broccoli, Pasta bolognese, raw spinach, steamed asparagus, coconut chocolate milk


Wednesday
Easy day, shaking out the legs and logging miles. I'm really feeling the squats & lunges from yesterday. My heart rate/wattage is down, and I think that this is a sign of some of my fitness returning (because the HRV metric I'm using on my phone indicates that my stress levels are low... I really need to get back in the habit of using my ithlete finger cuff to meaure it).

Morning HR: 52 bpm
Afternoon HR: 55 bpm
Soreness: 4
Stress: 9
Mood: 8
Fatigue: 8
Hydration: 5
Sleep: 8 hours 15 minutes

Ride: 30 minutes, 132 NP, 236 kJ, 106 BPM

Breakfast: Banana w/ peanut butter, mandarin orange
Snack: 160g 2% Greek yogurt, 10g honey, 10g almonds, 10g pecans, vitamin D pill
Lunch: 1/4 bag soylent
Snack: Fuel for fire, 1/2 apple
Dinner: Pork & shrimp dumplings, sushi
Dessert: Vegan cupcake, root beer sorbet (coconut base)


Thursday
As I'll be away this weekend I'm going to get in some volume tonight. I also did a 30 minute easy swim before work; man does swimming suck when you haven't done it for a while. Still really feeling Tuesday

Morning HR: 52 bpm
Afternoon HR: 55 bpm
Soreness: 5
Stress: 9
Mood: 9
Fatigue: 8
Hydration: 6
Sleep: 7 hours 10 minutes

Ride: 2.75 hours, 112 bpm, don't trust wattage numbers

Breakfast: 191g 2% Greek Yogurt, 10g honey, mandarin orange, 10g almonds, 10g pecans, vitamin D pill,
Snack: 
Lunch: 1/4 bag soylent
Snack: Fuel for fire
Dinner: Raw spinach, 1/3 bag soylent


Friday, Saturday & Sunday
The last off days before the organized training begins. I went to my gf's alma mater to meet her college friends and go to a football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment