Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Self Assessment and Goals

I'll post at least monthly with an assessment of where I am physically, what my goals are for the next month or so, and whether or not I accomplishing previously set goals. I'll use these short term goals to keep myself focused on improving all of the little things required to make my big picture goal a reality.

Self Assessment
This past season was great. I was consistently at the front of the swim, able to hold 23-24 mph on the bike, and hold ~6 minute miles for the run on sprint distance courses. While the run speed wasn't an improvement over the previous year, I was only able to run 10 miles/week due to plantar fasciitis. I did only one FTP test last year towards the beginning of the season, and it was 285. Strava estimated it at 275 but having never done a 1 hour effort the 285 figure seems right.

I've just ended about 5 weeks of R&R, so I'm out of shape in all three disciplines. When my BSX Insight arrives I'll provide an update with my lactate threshold (LT) and functional threshold power (FTP).

Weight: 175
Body fat: 9.75%

Goals
My goals will be specific in terms of gains in FTP and LT as well as number of pullups and squat strength, but I'm giving myself two weeks of somewhat unstructured work to prepare myself for the upcoming workload.

Long term specific goals:
  • Swim sub 1:46 200 free at the Sun Multisport Tri expo
  • Swim ~18 minutes in Olympic distance races
  • Bike 25-26 mph bike on sprint courses
  • Bike 24-25 mph on Olympic courses
  • 330 watt FTP
  • Run Sub 17 5k
  • Run 5:40's on sprint courses
  • Run sub 6 on Olympic courses
  • Weigh 170 or less
  • 7% body fat or less

No comments:

Post a Comment